Questions & Answers
• What is included in the tuition? Be a part of the ORIGINAL CAST of the United States Premiere of this brand new adaptation of A Little Princess at the Tony-Award winning Off-Broadway Signature Theatre in NYC! Tuition also includes a professional fast-paced rehearsal process styled after Broadway productions; British or Cockney Group Dialect Coaching (depending on role); Headshot/Bio featured on Website and in Playbill; Name on poster outside of the venue; Production Photos for your Portfolio; Costume (except undergarments, shoes, socks); and more!
• I have vacation/previous plans during the run, can my child still participate? Yes. As long as you write down all conflicts on your audition form, we will do our best to work around previous plans. If conflicts arise after the show has been cast, there is no guarantee we can accommodate your conflict.
• Is my child allowed to miss rehearsals? There are up to two excused absences allowed. This does not include run through’s or dress rehearsals, those dates are mandatory. Your child must make up missed material on their own time, and come to the next rehearsal prepared.
• Does my child need to attend the possible Pre-Rehearsal date on June 14? It is highly recommended to attend, but we will provide material online for those who can’t make it. We understand that some actors travel from out of town, and will be unable to attend. Missing these dates will not count towards your two conflict dates.
• If my child is no longer able to participate, is there a tuition refund? Unfortunately we are not able to accept refund requests on tuition or tickets. When you commit to the production and then drop out, you have already taken another actors spot.
• My child is a member of Actors Equity. Can they audition? Yes. Equity actors who are under the age of 14 years old are welcome to audition. During the run, they will need to freeze their AEA accounts (Juvenile Withdrawal), which can be done by calling AEA. You can freeze and unfreeze throughout the production run, and this does not effect your membership.
• Where does the production take place? Rehearsals will be at Alvin Ailey Studios (405 W 55th Street) and performances will be at Signature Theatre (480 W 42nd Street). These locations are easily accessible by public transportation.